Evergreen Services Group has acquired 13 MSPs so far in 2018. Head of M&A Ramsey Sahyoun shares some background and describes why private equity firms are pursuing MSPs.
The Video Above: Why are private equity companies acquiring MSPs (managed services providers)? Evergreen Services Group Head of M&A Ramsey Sahyoun provides answers in the interview above with ChannelE2E.
The Investor: Evergreen Services Group, backed by a private equity investment firm, has acquired 13 MSPs (managed services providers) so far in 2018. The company’s overall war chest at the start of 2018 was about $100 million — so more deals are likely coming.
In the Part One conversation above we cover:
- Evergreen Services Group’s focus and Ramsey’s role.
- How the firm is funded.
- Why private equity is attracted to MSPs
Coming Soon: Parts Two and Three
Check back on the following dates for parts two and three of this interview.
Coming Friday, November 23 – Part Two:
- What key KPIs does Evergreen Services Group value most when examining an MSP?
- What makes a potentially good cultural fit for an acquisition?
- What yellow flags or red flags does Evergreen Services Group look for when evaluating an MSP?
Coming Friday, November 30 – Part Three:
- How many MSP investments has Evergreen Service Group made in 2018, roughly?
- Do existing CEOs typically run the acquired MSPs post-buyout/investment?
- What are some of the first moves Evergreen Services Group makes after acquiring the MSP?